WORLD PITCH is a one-year training programme for young world music professionals under Music Moves Europe in 2019-2020. What we offer is a unique one semester long training course for 10 young professionals already active in the field of world music.
The training offers a profound insight in all relevant aspects of the world music scene (management, agency work, programming, organization, PR, journalism, academic work, policies) with personal one-to-one trainings with Europe’s most recognised professionals. As the part of the program there is a paid fellowships placements for 5 candidates at market-leading organizations in the world music scene from different areas.
- BOZAR is a well-known venue for the world music genre with a strong focus on policy making too
- Earth Beat is an Amsterdam based promoter representing artists from all the continents
- Maetka – a Finnish agency representing Finnish artists abroad and bringing foreign artist to Finland
- Glitterbeat – independent record label of “vibrant global sounds”, headed by Chris Eckman
- DEX – international songwriting expo held in Budapest
Forum Fund is the partner non-profit organization of Hangveto, organizing international training programs on the field of folk music and folk art from the Balkans to Visegrad countries and beyond.
We are leaders of and partners in several international projects: among others we set up World Pitch in Hungary, a music educational pilot project (in Music Moves Europe) with the support of European Union Creative Europe Programmes; we have been organizing a new training course, “Music as Heritage” Summer School in the Central Euopean University in 2020 again. Forum for Folk Arts Foundation was set up by artists and professionals with the aim of actively supporting a wide range of initiatives in the field of folk music.